« Insights > Maquiladora

Aerospace Industry will generate up to 50,000 jobs

Karla Salinas | 10.06.2015

Mexico’s aerospace exports will grow 10% this year, to bring along revenues of US$ 7.0 to 7.5 billion, compared to the US$424.4 million earned last year.

Mexico’s aerospace exports will grow 10% this year, to bring along revenues of US$ 7.0 to 7.5 billion, compared to the US$424.4 million earned last year.

Supply chain must be reinforced, since there is a market of opportunity for domestic and international companies alike

Luis Lizcano, General Director of the Mexican Federation of the Aerospace Industry (FEMIA), said that Queretaro, Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua and Nuevo Leon are the leading Mexican States to heave the record.

He also said that between 48,000 and 50,000 jobs will be generated, and added that 80% of exports go to the U.S. while remaining the 20% is shipped to Europe.

Mr. Lizcano stressed that there is major growth potential for military aviation in Mexico, "This is a new sector that requires more certifications than civil aviation; our companies are working to obtain these certifications and there are some firms already producing one or two certified components, this is a niche market opportunity not only nationally, but globally."

Source: Maquilaportal

Insights